Paul McCartney says, “If anyone wants to save the planet, all they have to do is just stop eating meat. That’s the single most important thing you can do. It’s staggering when you think about it. Vegetarianism takes care of so many things in one shot: ecology, famine, cruelty.”
If you’re looking for compelling reasons to go meatless, watch this video from PETA which gives you 30 reasons why you should go veg.
Some of these resonate with me:
- Because the grain used to feed animals could be used to feed hungry people.
- Because no animal deserves to die for your taste buds.
- Because you can’t eat meat and call yourself an environmentalist.
- Because when animals feel pain, they scream, too.
- Because commerce is no excuse for murder.
“In fact, if one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but where a lot of people are unkind to animals, especially in the name of commerce, the cruelty is condoned and, once large sums of money are at stake, will be defended to the last by otherwise intelligent people. ” – Ruth Harrison, author of Animal Machines
Food for thought?